Do you want to contribute to a cleaner planet?
Skyfri Technologies AS is a global and fast-growing clean technology company based in Oslo. Our advanced proprietary technology, powered by machine learning and big data, will completely digitize the way asset owners operate their power plants, and help them improve uptime and production.
Our vision is to accelerate the deployment of renewable energy globally and we believe that software will be the engine to achieve that goal.
What you’ll be doing
- Architect and develop a vision of a scalable, reliable, and performant data warehousing platform.
- Lead the data engineering team and provide technical guidance to junior engineers.
- Develop algorithms to detect anomalies and erroneous data before it reaches the user.
- Perform extract, transform, and load optimizations to ensure we meet growing customer demand.
- Craft data pipelines that interface with IoT devices and solar equipment across the globe.
- Ensure best practices for data availability, reliability, and disaster recovery.
… Smart and ambitious, with a passion for start-ups and clean tech. You are creative, always willing to break new ground and come up with new and exciting ideas. You are open-minded, kind, and a team player who understands that we are all in this together.
In addition, we need you to:
- Be fluent in English, our working language.
- Live in or in commuting distance to Oslo, Norway.
- 6+ years’ experience in data engineering, using PySpark, Databricks, or other similar data-oriented tools.
- Experience building and scaling data platforms and pipelines that remained performant and available under high demand.
- Have a strong understanding of data optimization techniques like indexing, sharding, denormalization, materialized views, etc.
- Have built and scaled data platforms and pipelines that remained performant and available under high demand.
- Be familiar with data security and best practices.
- Experience with time-series databases or data streaming technology.
- Experience with machine learning and its application to time-series data models (like forecasting).
* Non-EU/EEA citizens must have completed a bachelor’s degree to be eligible for a work permit in Norway.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Flexible working hours with work-from-home days.
- Interesting work within a dynamic and innovative company.
- A central role in a company in high growth, with great opportunities for career and personal development.
- A lot of fun in an international and diverse office environment.
At Skyfri, we embrace diversity as the cornerstone of who we are. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic. We choose our candidates based only on qualifications, merit and business need.
We look forward to hearing from you!